This feature is available in the below setups: Basic | Confident | Professional | Expert
What are the API rate limits for Cital Insights?
Cital Insights has a default limit of 100 values available through its REST API. This limit is in place to ensure that the system remains stable and responsive for all users.
How can I change the API rate limit?
To increase the API rate limit, you can set the limit parameter in your API request. However, please note that setting a large limit (5000 records or more) may cause performance issues, depending on the size of the data you need to retrieve.
What should I do if I need to retrieve more than 100 values through the REST API?
If you need to retrieve more than 100 values through the REST API, we recommend setting a reasonable limit that meets your needs without causing performance issues. For example, you may want to set the limit to 500 or 1000, depending on the size of the data you need to retrieve.
How can I ensure that my API requests are within the acceptable rate limits?
To ensure that your API requests are within the acceptable rate limits, we recommend that you use best practices when making API requests. These best practices include:
- Caching API responses wherever possible to reduce the number of requests made to the server.
- Using pagination to retrieve large amounts of data in smaller chunks.
- Optimizing your queries to retrieve only the data that you need.
Please note that this limit applies to all places of request, including your Python SDK or any other API client.
Example Request with increased Rate Limit through Swagger UI:
- API Documentation
- What is the maximum number of data points I can fetch per call?
- How can I fetch the entity view (device) data starting from the first activation date until NOW date?
- Are entity views the entity used to attach data to the devices (sensors)?
- What is the max size limit returned from the time series API when aggregation is submitted?